WDNS WKCT Contest Rules
Revised and Effective 11/20/2020
Please refer to Specific Contest Rules Associated with this Contest
1. No purchase or payment necessary to enter or win. Purchase or payment will not increase a (“Participants(s)”) chance of winning. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Daily News Broadcasting may air contest(s) from time to time which are conducted by our advertisers and other organizations that are not sponsored or endorsed by WDNS WKCT, please refer to the contest rules of the Non-WDNS WKCT Contest(s) Sponsor. WDNS WKCT assumes no liability or responsibility in whole or in part for any Non- WDNS WKCT Contest(s).
2. Except as specifically provided, WDNS WKCT Contests are open to US Residents, 12 years or older. However, eligibility and minimum age requirements may vary depending on the specific contest. Generally, Participant(s) must be at least 18 years old for participation in contests requiring a drivers license. Contest Prize(s), unless otherwise provided in the Specific Contest rules for a Specific Contest. No one under 12 years of age or in debt to WDNS WKCT, will be permitted to enter a contest under any circumstance. WDNS WKCT will delete and disqualify any entry whether on-line or by other means in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”),.WDNS WKCTs employees and their immediate families, employees of the Daily News Publishing Company, Daily News Television LLC or internet media entities, event sponsors, prize providers or advertisers, and their respective immediate families are not eligible to participate or win.
3. Participant(s) can only win one contest prize (“Prize(s)”) every 30 days unless otherwise specified. For on-air Contests, there is no limit as to the number of call-ins or texts a Participant(s) may attempt, however that Participant(s) may only qualify once. If participation is by cellular, text or broadband all standard wireless carrier rates for the Participant(s) carrier will apply, and neither WDNS WKCT will assume any responsibility for any fees for any communication to or from the WDNS WKCT.
4. Winners must execute and return any documentation and release forms required by WDNS WKCT , in its sole discretion and as applicable to a Contest, within 48 hours of notification by , to Participant(s) provided email address and/or phone number, that they have won the Contest and/or Prize(s). Winners must appear in person with proper positive legal governmental issued photo identification acceptable to WDNS WKCT , at its sole discretion, to claim any Prize(s) at our offices at 804 College Street Bowling Green KY 42101 between 8:00 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). We reserve the right to mail prizes to winners as an option to picking them up in person. Prize(s) may not be claimed by a third party on behalf of a Winner. WDNS WKCT reserves the ability at their sole discretion to choose alternate Winner(s) in the event of a disqualification or ineligibility.
5. Any winner under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who will be required to sign for the Prize(s).
6. All Prize(s) for which the aggregate value is in excess of $600 are subject to IRS 1099 reporting at the declared value. Winners are responsible for any applicable federal, state, or local taxes.
7. Participant(s) may be asked to execute an event participation waiver form, at the sole discretion of the WDNS WKCT at any time from initial participation through delivery of the Prize(s) to the Participant(s). Participant(s) must first present positive legal governmental photo identification prior to signing the release form. A Winner will forfeit a Prize(s) or Prize(s) certificate or voucher if not claimed within 15 calendar days of announcement (or as sooner required for time sensitive Prize(s).
8. Unless determined by WDNS WKCT , in its sole discretion, no cash equivalent amount will be awarded for any contest Prize(s). Each Prize(s) is expressly limited to the items announced by the WDNS WKCT and does not include taxes gratuities or other potential Prize(s) related expenses. All Prize(s) will have a declared Value which is established by WDNS WKCT in its sole discretion. All Prize(s) are awarded “AS-Is” without any warranty of any kind and any such warranties are herein affirmatively disclaimed. Any Trip or Event Prize(s) are subject to trip carrier or venue operator rules and restrictions. If an event or trip is cancelled, neither WDNS WKCT be responsible for that portion of the Prize(s). Acceptance of a trip or event by a Winner constitutes an acceptance by them of the inherent risk of that Prize(s). The Winner assumes such risk completely and will indemnify and hold harmless WDNS WKCT for any resulting damages or claims related thereto.
9. WDNS WKCT may work in conjunction with concert promoters and various venues throughout our listening area to provide contestants the opportunity to win tickets and sometimes meet performers backstage as part of a contest or promotion. This opportunity is at all times subject to the sole discretion of the performer and the controlling venue and subject to change at any time. With this in mind, there may be situations where WDNS WKCT and the promoter and/or the venue cannot be held liable for, including but not limited to: changes to the time, place, method, procedure, or cancellation of the event and or applicable Artist meet and greet sessions at any time.
10. WDNS WKCT is not responsible for any malfunction of equipment or telephone systems, internet, or email, text or the cost of texting or otherwise transmitting their entry or participation during a Contest. WDNS WKCT Station(s) management has the final decision as to the judging, the Winner and at all times retains the right but not the obligation, in regard to all Contest matters including, but not limited to, the ability to, terminate, cancel, postpone, substitute, or modify the Contest, to qualify, disqualify or substitute Participant(s),to award, re-award, rescind award and not to re-award a Prize(s).
11. Telephone calls to the WDNS WKCT Contest lines will be recorded and may be played back on the air for promotional purposes. By playing Contests you give WDNS WKCT the right to publicize your name, likeness and voice through any medium.
12. Odds of winning are determined by the exact number of Participant(s) when each Prize(s)are drawn. Contest void where prohibited or restricted by law.
13. If Participant(s) are listening to the internet stream of a WDNS WKCT they are hereby advised that programming may be delayed affecting real time contest participation. Participant(s) at no time should rely on streamed broadcasts in order to participate.
14. Any person or persons found to be in violation of any Contest rules, gain an unfair advantage, win using fraudulent means or exhibit unsportsmanlike, disruptive, harassing offensive or threatening behavior before, during, or after the respective Contest will be disqualified and any Prize(s) will be forfeited and WDNS WKCT will reserve the right at its sole discretion to not re-award a Contest Prize(s) for that Contest.
15. Promotions and contests on WDNS WKCT may be conducted, but not limited to, the following methods: over-the-air, via telephone or text, on location at a business or event, station websites ), or through social networks (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram).Multiple Participant(s) are not permitted to share the same email address, social media account or text number. Only the authorized user of the email address social media account or the text number will be considered the Winner in the event of a dispute among multiple Participant(s) from such entries. While reasonable care will be taken, WDNS WKCT, Contest entries will become the property of WDNS WKCT and will not be acknowledged or returned.
17. By participating in the Contest, all Participant(s) grant WDNS WKCT the exclusive permission to use their names, characters, images, voices and likenesses submitted content, ideas or other submissions in connection with the Contest and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use. Participant(s) also hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished copy of any media, broadcast, advertising material and/or any WDNS WKCT use in connection with this Contest participation and/or Winning of Prize(s). Participant(s) also affirmatively represent that any submissions are their own work and does not infringe on any copyright, trademark or other intellectual right of any other person and will indemnify WDNS WKCT for any breach of that representation.
The above General Contest Rules may be amended, supplemented, modified in all or part for a specific radio station or station(s) Events/Contests/Activities from time to time by WDNS WKCT in its sole discretion. WDNS WKCT at all times reserves the right to amend/supplement and/or modify these General Contest Rules with specific rules which shall be made available at the station. Listeners’ and potential contest Participant(s) are urged to acquaint themselves with these specific contest rules in advance of their participation. Where Specific Contest Rules are in place for a particular event, those Specific Contest Rules shall control over where different from the General Contest Rules.
WDNS WKCT Contest Rules